Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Creative Attempt at Organization


Laundry at my house is a non-stop process.  My laundry room is in a closet, right by the front door!  Who does that?  who builds a house with a laundry room by the front door?  Heck, who buys a house with the laundry room by the front door?  Well, I did.  the rest of the house is wonderful and is really quite pleasant to live in.  However, the laundry situation needs to change.

While I can't change where the laundry room is located, I can change where we store the dirty laundry that is constantly accumulating in the corner of my bathroom.  (The one and only bathroom for four adults)  At present, we have a hamper that is piled high all the time.  Any given day, you may see someone's undies sticking out while you are "doing your business".  while we don't really notice, I'm sure a visitor would be shocked and appalled.

I found the picture above in Pinterest.  I think this is an excellent alternative to the messy dirty clothes hamper situation.  Not only will it keep items organized and sorted, it will serve as a reminder to the other "adults" in the house.  When a basket is full, throw it in the washer!  Gosh, I never knew it could be so easy. 

Having the other "adults" help with the laundry is, indeed, a pipe dream.  However, it is my story and I'm sticking to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment