Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Sadness at what?

I am sad.

If you were to ask me why I am sad, I would have to sit awhile and think.

Perhaps it has to do with the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary.  It may be related to the fact that my daughter will not be home for Christmas.  Maybe it is because my young son struggles to know which direction to take with his life.  My sadness may be related to the fact that I lost my mother two years ago and it is taking me awhile to mourn her.  Could it be that I am sad that winter is here and I don't like to be cold.  I think it may be partially related to anxiety about my sister's health and my father's wellbeing.

All of these things are making me feel sadness during a time when joy should be felt.

Ultimately, I will deal with my sadness.  I will go on.  I just need to feel it right now.

1 comment: