Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Snow Storm in South Dakota

This morning I read an article about the recent snow storm in South Dakota.  This storm has been devastating for the ranchers in that area.  Authorities are estimating that there has been a 5% loss of cattle in the State.  Looking at this event from the eyes of a small rancher, we would be out of business with a 5% loss of our stock.  Some of these folks will lose everything they own and will have to liquidate family lands and homes to recoup what they owe their creditors.

To read more about this sad state of affairs, visit South Dakota Storm

As for me and my house, we will send up prayers for these people and for the cattle they try to care for.

                          

2 comments:

  1. I heard about all the cattle that were lost in the snow storm. It is devastating.
    I see that you are a new follower of my blog. Thank you. I am following you now too.
    I scrolled through some of your posts and see that you have a lot of photos of fences. You could join Friday Fences meme over at Life According to Jan and Jers blog. I don't know the blog address right off hand but you can google it.
    Looking forward to seeing more of you posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Grandma Barb for your nice comments. I went to the blog you suggested and added a pic. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete