Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

In the Dark


A fuzzy picture, but I wanted to show you my little visitor last night...

Me:     What are doing in my yard?
Doe:     Technically, this is my yard.  You built your house in the middle of a hay field and my ancestors were here before it even became a hay field.
Me:     Well, you told me.

The deer really enjoy eating the olives from our Russian Olive trees.  The olives feed them all winter, as well as the birds.  In Wyoming, it is illegal to plant new Russian Olive trees.  They are considered a weed tree.  I'm happy that, though they have a bad reputation, these beautiful trees are serving the wildlife in our area.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm you have some really well behaved wildlife in your yard. Mine seem to swear a lot when the converse with me.

    Me: why are you eating my apples?
    Doe: flan'ct you see I'm frucinhg eat-ignnng? I wasgt not in you kitchen asking you questions with your mouth full if spaghetti now was I? Frina GET away from that freelig dog.

    ReplyDelete